• Your consent
• What information do we collect and why?
• How we protect your information
• Protecting your security
• Statement on the use of Personal Data
• Retention of Information
• Access Rights
Calweton Veterinary Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Calweton Veterinary Group. 79 Tavistock road, Callington, Cornwall, PL177RD.
By using our Website (www.calwetonvets.com) and by using the services provided within the Calweton Veterinary Group surgeries, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database created and operated by us, our group of companies and/or other selected third parties.
What information do we collect and why?
When you register your pet in surgery you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information. You may also be requested to give your details for other reasons. These details are collected either in person, by telephone or online, to help us with the following:
• Register your details as a new client or update your details if they change
• Register your pet on health plans
• Make appointments
• Process the fees due for any treatment
• Contact you about your pet, your account or credit status where required;
• Deliver a safe and secure service by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
• Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online (where applicable);
• Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer polls and surveys;
• Enhance your experience by delivering a more personally tailored service; • Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams; and/or
• Notify you about changes to our service. We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to the Website.
To correspond with your chosen insurance company at your request.
To correspond with laboratories in the interest of clients’pets health.
How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information by:
• Encrypting your personal information if you enter any personal information online. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use;
• Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
• Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Protecting your security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to these checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Act.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data
We may send you by sms, email or post, details on offers, products, reminders and services which may be of interest to you. We may also telephone you to discuss treatment details or for market or service research.
Selected third parties such as EZVet Pro (our Practice Management System software providers) and iRecall our recall/reminder service may use your data for data transfer purposes/reminders etc. Client records will only be transferred to another vet with the express permission of the client.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may use for the purpose of promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide any comments or feedback (excluding personal data) which you post publicly or provide to the surgeries, without notice or without any fee being paid.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If Calweton Veterinary Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Calweton Veterinary Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our internal investigations including customer complaints and claims.
Retention of Information
Calweton Vets will retain your information only for as long as is deemed “reasonable” once you no longer have any animals registered with us.
Should you leave Calweton Vets, we will transfer information immediately, at your request and delete your account if desired.
In the case of debt management we will keep your data indefinitely for the purposes of debt control.
At any time, even if you have previously consented, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and/or not to disclose it to third parties for marketing purposes. You can do this by contacting us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also use this email address to notify us of any preferences you have in relation to the processing of your data for example as to the frequency of communications that you receive from us or the manner or the subject matter of such communications.
The GDPR also gives you the following rights:
to access information held about you;
to request the deletion or correction of information held about you;
to object to or restrict the processing of information about you;
to request that information about you be transferred to another person;
to complain to the relevant supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the following contact details
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any complaints in relation to how our business has processed your data or in relation to the exercise of your rights as detailed above you can in the first instance raise your concerns by contacting us as follows: D Luckhurst: Data Protection Officer, email@example.com: 01579 383231.
You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to any such complaints https://ico.org.uk/
Information Commissioner’s Office